Buchanan Street Partners, founded in 1999, is a nationally recognized real estate investment management firm headquartered in Newport Beach, California. The firm, a registered SEC investment advisor since 2002, manages commingled investment funds, institutional separate accounts and individual institutional and high net worth investment vehicles.
We are searching for a fund accountant who will work with and support the senior accountants that oversee the accounting and reporting of over $1 billion in assets under management in 15 funds.
- Prepare supporting schedules for consolidated investor quarterly reports and annual financial statements.
- Assist with the annual audit and respond to audit inquiries.
- Assist with preparation of income tax return information for tax preparers.
- Process Fund level invoices for payment.
- Review all property management financial reports on the individual assets.
- Assist with the validation of inputs utilized in the investment valuation process.
- Collaborate with asset managers, investment team, property level accountants, borrowers and servicers.
- Assist in completion of investor/consultant quarterly questionnaires, if applicable.
- Perform cash management functions which entail review of investment level funding requests.
- Record and reconcile financial information.
- Assist in the calculation of performance returns.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Experience with investment companies a plus.
- Be conscientious about achieving deadlines and has an accurate work product.
- Assume accountability for specific performance.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in concise and timely manner.
- Detail oriented and very analytical.
- Strong organization skills.
- Quantitative propensity with ability to spot errors.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Yardi a plus.
- knowledge of GAAP.
- CPA path a plus.