Role & Responsibilities
Buchanan Street Partners, a real estate investment manager based in Newport Beach, CA, seeks a Vice President of Investor Relations. The position will report to the Partner & CCO who oversees Investor Relations and Capital Raising as it pertains to the firm’s HNW and RIA business. The individual will also work closely with the Compliance Officer.
Functions will include:
- Capital raising and equity syndication for private real estate offerings including funds, promissory notes
and single asset partnerships.
- Identifying, contacting and securing new investors to add to Buchanan’s existing investor base
- Tracking, managing and responding to ad-hoc investor requests (due diligence questionnaires, case
studies, track record data, and various other analyses)
- Reviewing financial, legal and analytical content for marketing materials with a keen eye to meticulous
and accurate work product
- Interface with all teams and levels of management including accounting, acquisitions, asset
management and marketing.
- Involvement with special projects, due to company’s continued expansion
Required Background & Skills
The successful applicant will have a minimum of 10 years or more experience with a real estate investment management or real estate private equity firm. A 4-year degree is required (business/economics major preferred); any graduate work or SEC/FINRA licensing is a plus. Completion of the Series 22 exam and/or requirement to take the exam upon hire. The selected candidate will have the following skills:
- Track record of capital raising with RIA’s, Family Offices and HNW investors for real estate funds and projects
- Relevant investor relations experience and strong network
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Expertise in real estate underwriting and transaction management
Title & Compensation
To be determined; commensurate with skills and experience
Shana Baker, Vice President – 949-717-3162, firstname.lastname@example.org